Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service means hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server run by a hosting supplier. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's examine them. Thus, you can choose what you want, based on whether you wish to own a blog, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a solution offered by various providers, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting services are frequently supported by showing advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a particular amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally amiss interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would split the workload between individual packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various webspace hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a kind of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain firms provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share a big quantity of pics with buddies or colleagues since the service is usually free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to managing your mailbox accounts. Some vendors provide site hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you wish to set up an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video will enable you to operate as many video files as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to keep a site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and email accounts, upload videos, etc. At Tiger Hosts, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that permit you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single place. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for specific web content exclusively.